Well, believe it or not we are already half way through February 2011. At this rate we’re going to blow right by spring cleaning and straight into biofriendly tips for summer before you know it. But before that happens, let’s get in this week’s Weekly Greens. Hope you enjoy!
Image by sunshne954
1) A Quick Guide to Environmentally-Friendly Household Products: Speaking of spring cleaning, here are some tips you can use every day/week in order to get your house clean and smelling good – without using harsh chemicals.
Then of course there’s the small matter of a magnifying film that can increase solar panel efficiency by around 300%. That means solar could be right up there competing with fossil fuel power.
But here’s a question for you, Can America Afford To Invest In Clean Energy?
3) Awareness to Action: Bridge the Sustainability Gap: Whether you are an individual or a business, bridging the gap between awareness and action can sometimes take a lot. So, how do you get started?
4) How to Avoid Storing Food in Plastic Containers: I know this one is a little over a week old, but I definitely thought it was worth sharing. Since so many of us (yes, myself included) have some form of plastic containers they use in their kitchen.
Image by RandyA38
5) Building a Park Out of Waste: I thought this was worth sharing as it just goes to show that we can get a lot of good use out of materials we previously believed were only “junk” or waste. Creative thinking helps bring about positive change.
6) The EV Project Secures $230 Million to Roll Out 15,000 EV Chargers Across the States: Now this is something we’ve all been waiting to hear and see come to fruition. If the electric vehicle is really going to take off, the infrastructure needs to be in place to support it. Here’s another step towards making that a reality.
And just in case you missed it from earlier this week, on the subject of conservation here are some “Daily Routines We Could Stand To Improve“. Remember to follow me on Twitter for more green, environmental, biofriendly and other interesting tweets throughout the week.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead. Please remember to take some time to unplug you and your family. Get outdoors and enjoy nature for awhile. There are plenty of things to see and do out there!
Tags: alternative energy, biofriendly, biofriendlyblog, clean energy, conservation, electric vehicle, environmentally-friendly, EV, ev charger, fossil fuel, green, nature, outdoors, park, plastic, spring cleaning, sustainability, waste, weekly greens